Tuesday, December 5, 2006

My flower essence story - the why, who and what

I was introduced to flower essences a decade ago by several women who were in my life at the time. The first women where housemates of mine that used flower essences. I remember seeing Bach Flower's Rescue Remedy just about every where that I went. I knew that it was a safe holistic way to ground and calm people during times of great distress but I never understood how or why they worked or how one would use them to get benefits.
One of those housemates gave me a couple of flower essence guides that didn't make much sense to me but I kept them knowing that one day I would understand. During that time I managed to inherit a few flower essences via a tenant of my parents.
I kept those essences in a box and kept them through out every move I've had in the last 10 years.
One year ago I finally had all questions about flower essences answered. I took a flower essence course and I asked so many questions that I am sure drove my classmates crazy but I had to make sure that I finally understood everything I could on flower essences. From there I went on to getting every book I could find on the topic and did much research online and on myself.

So this is what I can tell you about flower essences, 10 years after my first introduction, and after a year of education, exploration, experimentation and much healing.

Flower essences are gentle and powerful allies in healing. They are the vibrational imprints of flowers holding the spiritual information and healing of flowers and plants. They aid in personal healing of the mind, emotions and spirit. They help shift perspectives, release patterns and bring new understanding. They gently and lovingly assist those who wish to take their healing into their own hands. They are safe for everyone to use and are compatible with all forms of therapy and medication. To me they are the love and spirit of the earth. Mother Earth always provides in her abundance and nurturing giving medicines where there is need. Flower essences are one of the many ways she shows this great love.

Flower essences are made by collecting flowers on a clear sunny day and putting them in a glass bowl of spring water. This bowl of water and flowers is left outside in the sun for a few hours, normally at the site where they where harvested. In the time the water is energized by the sun and the imprint of the flower is transferred to the water.
The flowers are then removed and the water is then diluted and potenized and then traditionally preserved in brandy.
Flower essences are vibrational and are stored in glass dropper bottles because a couple of drops is all that is needed as a dosage.
Flower essences work through our various energy fields and the information they provide our electrical systems helps bring transformation to our bodies, minds, emotions and spirits.

The first day of flower essence training I was given a small bottle of rescue remedy. My teacher told me that since flower essences are vibrational in nature, that they affect all that is around you. I put this theory to test on my way home from that class. I was waiting at a bus stop and a man came a long with his pre-teen daughter and her friends. The daughter was having a fit and was quite upset and angry over a power struggle they where having about dinner. The energy of the argument was upsetting me so I put a couple of drops of Rescue Remedy on my wrist. As I was doing this the girl came to sit beside me and instantly calmed down, changed the subject and began to play and laugh with her friends.
Lucky timing? Maybe. The quick shift in energy that I witnessed and experienced was all the proof I needed that flower essences are indeed powerful presences.
I have witnessed this shift in all parts of my life since my journey with flowers began.
Flower essences are now a part of all treatments and services that I provide. From haircuts, to reiki, to bodywork they are there as part of the session, giving their gentle and loving support and guidance.